Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Week 8 Blog Exercise

This is my first puzzle that took me a while to complete. My eyes were focused on the circles a lot more than the white area and once I began drawing I would get confused and lost. Paths began to arise as I drew longer lines, but would eventually hit a dead end. I tried looking for alternate patterns, but the only pattern I kept seeing was the overall garden pattern. I almost feel like I began drawing knots throughout the circles. Overall this one was very difficult and my roommate and I to solve without the solution. 

This one was a little more easy and I completed it within reasonable time. This one dealt more with pattern completion and visual memory. I realized that I would forget which lines I had already drawn over and would get myself stuck into a dead end. I didn’t really think about visualizing it before hand like my roommate, I went more with trial and error. I was more focused on each moment and each line instead of the overall pattern completion. 


We both found this one to be very difficult and it took us both awhile to figure out. We could not have done it without the solution. Her process was once again to sit and think about it, visualize it in her mind, and attempt slowly, while I once again jumped right in. After about 10 mins we each gave up and decided it was too difficult. We kept running into other lines and dead ends, both felt like we were drawing a bunch of knots all over the place. 


My roommate Connie found this one much easier for her. She said she just looked at it for a little bit instead of just drawing lines right away like I did. She visualized the pattern and path before she began to draw her lines. Her very first time she got twelve, which was the correct answer on the solution, and I was surprised. I think that visualizing it before hand in your head might help better than just jumping right into it and guessing which way to go. She completed the pattern before I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment