Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 1, 2011

CONTRAST


I found this picture on the internet to be very well designed and shows a great example of positive and negative contrast. There are 4 nice squares, all the same size right by each other, showing a nice, level, contrast to each other. The black and white of each picture really brings out the contrast affect. Each square has its own pattern and either a black or white background. I thought it was very interesting and a nice play on contrast. There is no confusion here for the viewer, everything is nice and symmetric. 


I found this picture to me a lot more confusing and a failed example of contrast. As beautiful as it is, there are a lot of colors and direction, no set patterns, more ambiguous. I fail to see where the contrast comes into play here. With so many colors and no pattern, I can't see it. In the first picture, we have a nice light to dark contrats, here there are a lot of colors, a lot of dark and a lot of light all mixed together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment